To use Mobile Check Deposit you must have the following:
- Must be enrolled in Online Banking
- A mobile device with an enabled camera and service plan that includes data and internet service. Please contact your phone or internet carrier for any data or additional fees that may apply.
- St. Dominic’s Federal Credit Union (SDFCU) Mobile Banking App installed on your mobile device
- Any check image transmitted must accurately and legibly provide all the information on the front and back of the check without any alterations.
- Before capturing each check, please ensure that it is endorsed with the words “For SDFCU mobile deposit only.” Checks received through Mobile Check Deposit Items that do not contain these endorsements will be rejected.
- The maximum check amount that can be deposited is $2500
- The maximum daily limit of multiple checks that you deposit cannot exceed $2500
- SDFCU reserves the right to change or modify deposit limit amounts
- All deposits are subject to verification by SDFCU. We may return, or reject all or part of the deposit through Mobile Check Deposit at any time. SDFCU will not be held responsible even if such actions cause checks or other debits to your account to be returned
- Deposits received before 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on a business day the credit union is opened will be credit to your account on the same business day. Deposits received after 3:00 p.m. (EST) or on any day the credit union is not open will be credited the next business day
- You will view the image for acceptability and be notified via a screen prompt once the check has been submitted.
- You will be responsible for any overdraft or Non‐sufficient Funds fee charged by SDFCU
- Keep the original check in a secure location once the item has been scanned, transmitted and deposited to your account for 30 days.
- The availability of your funds from checks deposited through Mobile Check Deposit are subject to our Funds Availability Policy.
- Members who joined St. Dominic’s Federal Credit Union (SDFCU) less than 30 days before accessing Mobile Check Deposit are subject to extended holds as outlined in our Fund Availability Policy.
Items that cannot be deposited through Mobile Deposit
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you (i.e., payable to another party and then endorsed to you). This applies even if the person is an authorized signer on the same account the check is being deposited into.
- Checks payable to you and jointly to another party. This applies even if the person is an authorized signer on the same account the check is being deposited into.
- Checks that contain evidence of alteration, or that you know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- IRS Checks, Savings Bonds, foreign checks and insurance checks
Please feel free to call a Customer Service Representative with any questions about Mobile Banking and to assist you with the Mobile Deposit enrollment process.
Educational Tips on using Mobile Check Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it “For SDFCU Mobile Deposit Only.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- *Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable